API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 03/18/2017, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (2). HILLBILLY ELEGY, J D Vance / A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of the white working class through the story of his own childhood in the Rust Belt.
- 2 (-). TRUMP'S WAR, Michael Savage / The radio host discusses the challenges President Trump faces as he strives to fulfill his promises.
- 3 (13). THE MAGNOLIA STORY, Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines with Mark Dagostino / The couple who star in the HGTV show “Fixer Upper.”
- 4 (3). HIDDEN FIGURES, Margot Lee Shetterly / The story of the black women mathematicians at then-segregated NASA and its precursor. The basis of the movie.
- 5 (5). THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE, Diane Ackerman / How a Warsaw couple sheltered Jews and members of the Resistance during World War II. Originally published in 2007; now the basis of a movie,
- 6 (4). KILLING THE RISING SUN, Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard / The host of “The O’Reilly Factor” recounts the final years of World War II.
- 7 (1). PORTRAITS OF COURAGE, George W Bush / Sixty-six color paintings and a four-panel mural, accompanied by brief biographies, show members of the military who have served since 9/11. By the former president.
- 8 (7). WHEN BREATH BECOMES AIR, Paul Kalanithi / A memoir by a physician who received a diagnosis of Stage IV lung cancer at the age of 36.
- 9 (-). THE BENEDICT OPTION, Rod Dreher / An argument that, rather than engaging in politics, Christians should withdraw from mainstream culture and focus on strengthening their families, churches and schools.
- 10 (9). BIG AGENDA, David Horowitz / A battle plan for the Trump White House.
- 11 (8). ON TYRANNY, Timothy Snyder / Twenty lessons from the 20th century about the course of tyranny.
- 12 (11). THE STRANGER IN THE WOODS, Michael Finkel / The story of a hermit who lived by stealing food in the Maine woods for 27 years until caught in 2013.
- 13 (15). BORN A CRIME, Trevor Noah / A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the comedian, now the host of “The Daily Show.”
- 14 (-). THIS LIFE I LIVE, Rory Feek / The songwriter describes his difficult childhood, love for his wife, and her death from cancer in 2016.
- 15 (-). THE BOOK OF JOY, Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu / A discussion between two spiritual leaders about how to find joy in the face of suffering.