API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 11/03/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). BEASTIE BOYS BOOK, Michael Diamond and Adam Horovitz / The story of the New York band who went from performing hardcore punk music to hip hop stardom.
- 2 (1). KILLING THE SS, Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard / A look at the postwar manhunt for members of Hitler’s inner circle.
- 3 (-). HINDSIGHT, Justin Timberlake / A memoir by the actor and Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter.
- 4 (3). SHIP OF FOOLS, Tucker Carlson / The Fox News anchor argues that America’s ruling class is out of touch with everyday citizens.
- 5 (4). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 6 (5). FEAR, Bob Woodward / Based on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
- 7 (2). THE MAMBA MENTALITY, Kobe Bryant / The former Los Angeles Lakers player describes various skills and techniques he used on the court.
- 8 (7). THE FIFTH RISK, Michael Lewis / The author of "The Big Short" examines how the Trump administration staffs its federal agencies.
- 9 (6). BRIEF ANSWERS TO THE BIG QUESTIONS, Stephen Hawking / A collection of essays from the late scientist’s personal archive that address 10 imponderables.
- 10 (14). ALMOST EVERYTHING, Anne Lamott / Brief explorations into finding hope and wisdom in times of despair and uncertainty.
- 11 (9). LEADERSHIP, Doris Kearns Goodwin / The challenges that shaped the leadership abilities of four presidents: Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 12 (10). IN PIECES, Sally Field / A memoir by the two-time Academy Award and three-time Emmy Award winner.
- 13 (13). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 14 (-). I MIGHT REGRET THIS, Abbi Jacobson / A collection of anecdotes and reflections from the co-creator of “Broad City.”
- 15 (-). THE CODDLING OF THE AMERICAN MIND, Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt / An investigation of cultural trends that the authors argue are failing the next generation.